MSU C hatches are designed to be cast into place in interior areas or exterior areas where water or liquid infiltration is not important. These hatches are an economical, non-watertight choice for areas of pedestrian traffic.
Safety controls are engineered right into all MSU access hatches.
C access hatches are:
- All aluminum construction
- Gasketed angle frame
- Slip resistant checker plate lid
- Lifting handle and exposed padlock tab (padlocks by others)
- Hold-open arm, in type 316 stainless steel, locks lid safely at 90 degrees vertical
- Continuous stainless-steel hinging system
- Reinforced for a live load for 7.2 kPa
- Cast anchors
- Bituminous paint on all areas in contact with concrete
- All fasteners in stainless steel, type 304
- Welding to CSA W47.2
MSU C hatches are manufactured in single, double and parallel-door units.
|TYPE C HATCHES||DRAWING||SPEC|
|C Single-Door Unit 900 x 900|
|CD Double-Door Unit 1200 x 1200|
|CP Double-Door Parallel Unit 900 x 1450|
- Insulation with back pan (Styrofoam SM 50 mm standard)
- Custom signage, lettering and wording
- Custom finishes: anodizing, painting